Thursday, February 23, 2012

Progress

Here I am again able to blog! :)
and I love it.

On the Clock!
I woke up this morning, got ready for my day, went to the library where it took forever to print an essay (the computers weren't working right for my school log in), ate breakfast super fast, and then went to my spiritual formation class. I found out that I had a 5 page final paper due for creative writing today so I hurried to the cafeteria and started/complete my essay, and continued to my fine arts class. It was canceled for the second time in a row!  :) I am so excited. So now I get to blog and catch up with small things I need to do until my creative writing class in about an hour. There have been stresses, but also good factors today.

These last couple of days have gone well. Yesterday marked the first day of Lent. Lent, as what I understand, are the 40 days before Easter. It is the time that Jesus went into the desert and was tempted by Satan. A lot of Christians choose one thing to give up during this time until Easter. It is kind of like a fast. That is my understanding. Two things from Lent;
1. I need to really start researching Christian Holidays and traditions. I really want to embrace not only my society, but culture. I want to truly understand what I do and what I should do as a Christian. Honestly, I didn't even know it was Lent until people started blowing up my facebook feed on what they were giving up.
2. Hmm..I forgot my second point :)
I called my mom and asked if she was giving anything up and she said she was not. BUT she gave me something to give up...to not get hurt. Funny story behind that. First it was a strained muscle in my foot, then my back (which the chiropractor didn't come yesterday again so my hips are still out of line), and now....haha...I will have a small scar on my arm. Totally bazaar, but at track practice I went to open a curtain to let air into the room we were working out in and the poll fell from the to top of the window. It came down and slice my bicep right open. It isn't big, but it is kind of deep. I went to the trainers room and she fixed me right up. She said I should get stitches but needles aren't really my thing..so I just stuck with having the scar :) It really is super small. Maybe the size of a fingernail. It is almost a perfect triangle. What Susanna told me was this:
"Your body is a scrapbook and its scars are the pictures."
Isn't that a great quote? I thought so :)


Fun!
~Alija and I went to the Trail Blazers game (that was his Valentine's day present). They Lost to the Clippers in the 4th quarter but it was super fun to watch.

~Rachel, Bill, Hunter, Deb, Ryan, Alija, and I went to a nickel arcade on Saturday night. We acted like 12 year olds playing games for coins, bought little gadgets with our tickets, and saw a movie for $3.00 each. Talk about a fun, affordable night for a bunch of college students. It was a blast!

Nickel arcade :)
~The girls and boys basketball teams for Warner had their playoff games here Tuesday and Wednesday night. Rachel, Bill, Hunter and I went to the girls game Tuesday night (the girls won!) and Rachel, Hunter, Deb, Ryan, Molly, Taylor, and I went last night to the boys game (they won after an INTENSE game in overtime).

There is a little blab about my last few days :)

Bible!
Here is what I read yesterday from my Bible:
Matthew 1-3
-I am going back to the beginning of the Old Testament
-I also downloaded a daily devotional app on my ipod
Today's Devotional Scripture: Jesus Our Example
                            As long as I am in the world, I am the light of the world. -John 9:5

Susanna and I might do a blog this summer. We have a great idea! :)

Summer to do list:
-maybe cut my hair to a shorter length
-kick box
-play guitar
-start blog
...and the list will get bigger :)

No comments:

Post a Comment