Friday, January 25, 2013

Encounter

Encounter. 
What does it mean?
How do you perceive this? 
Can you experience without encounter?

Welcome to my everyday life of being a psychology major. I have been, and still am learning the true meaning of experience. One must perceive something in order to encounter it. Once it is encountered, that person may experience what they are encountering, and they then realize what they are experiencing through what they are sensing. 
At least I think that is the order. I don't have my notes with me right now, but it is along those lines. Right now I am sitting in Starbucks working through 278 pages of a book called, "Why I Believe What I Believe" by Andrew Newberg; very interesting. Surrounding me is three different languages and an empty tall decaf white chocolate mocha! (I am starting to take pictures of my cups to see how many different ways they spell my name. It's quite entertaining) But, the reason I am informing you about encountering is because I realized that I want to encounter the Holy Spirit. There is a difference between believing in the Holy Spirit and encountering, living through, the Holy Spirit. It's actually quite amazing. I am still learning, but at my church, Freedom, Robbie asked in his message...
Are you living through your own strength? Or are you living through God, the Holy Spirit's strength?
Pray for encountering. It's amazing what may happen during your day. I know my encounter was :) 
Kristy


No comments:

Post a Comment