Thursday, August 2, 2012

Silence

     Have you ever been overwhelmed? Lately, I feel so anxious. I always get like this when change, or something is about to happen. August is a big month. A lot is going to happen, and things are starting to sink in. Summer is coming to an end, and a new chapter is about to begin. To calm this anxious feeling, I have been pretty quiet. I have not been listening to music when I get ready for my day. I have not been driving with music. I have not been having Pandora play lists on my computer. I have just kind of cut out background noise for a while to sit and listen to what is around me. 
     On that note, here is the devotion for the day (I JUST read the devotion. I had no idea that it was on silence, I promise!)
Bring me the sacrifice of your time: a most precious commodity. In this action-addicted world, few of my children take time to sit quietly in my presence. But for those who do, blessings flow like streams of living water. I, the one from whom all blessings flow, am also blessed by our time together. This is a deep mystery; do not try to fathom it. Instead, glorify me by delight in me. Enjoy me now and forever. 
Psalm 21:6; John 7:38; Psalm 103:11
I have a place at near my school where I go if I need time to myself. I think this year I am going to try and go once a week to just sit and listen. 
Crazy how things just relate each day!

Something else happened this morning along these lines. I had tithing money building up inside of my wallet for almost four weeks. I wanted to tithe to get the money out, and surrender it over to God. Last night I tithed, and guess what happened this morning! Someone very close to me donated money to me to help buy text books for the upcoming year. Jim is a family friend who has helped me so much this summer. He is an elder man who used to eat at a coffee shop I went to. My friend worked there so I ALWAYS got the best BLTs ever for free. Over time, I have helped him around his home, and he has become family. God works in mysterious ways, and I completely believe in tithing. God asks for 10% of all income; no more, no less. This is what I was taught (other people have been taught differently but this is how I follow my tithes) and I have complete faith. If anything, God has taught me the importance of tithing this summer. 

Here are some random facts! :)
1. I get my wisdom teeth pulled tomorrow. I will try and get a funny picture :)
2. I am a Christian.
3. I am in a relationship with someone who is a different religion. (remember my "Apples and Oranges" post?)
4. My favorite color is green.
5. I would die without chocolate :)

No comments:

Post a Comment