Monday, April 20, 2015

Choices

     I have a confession...I am sitting with my open blinds enjoying the sun, but instead of tea this morning I am drinking coffee. Yes, coffee. I actually enjoy my mornings when I make time to wake up a bit earlier, sip on a warm cup of tea (or now coffee...), read my Bible and write.
     At church last night, Robbie (my pastor) had a message that fit right into my life book. Many times people go to church and feel as though the message was given just for them. I had one of those moments. But the amazing apart is, is that I had written in my journal the two main points in life that I struggle with yesterday morning:
1. Choosing to spend time with God
2. Balance
     God never stops amazing me. Robbie's message was making time for God and to take ten minutes a day out of our busy lives to just spend time with him. Like any kind of relationship time must be dedicated to someone or something to make the relationship stronger. God is the same way. He wants to spend time with us. He wants to help us through our tough times. He wants us to glorify him in everything that we do. But how can we glorify him in everything we do when we don't spend the time to truly learn what he wants us to do or where he wants us to be? 
The key point to Robbie's message was this: 
"Do not allow the urgent things in life to distract you from the important things in life."
Life can be demanding and so overwhelming at times that God can be placed on the back burner. But if I am learning anything right now, it is that when God is the center of my being, everything else seems to fall into place effortlessly.

Good Morning, Monday!  


No comments:

Post a Comment