Sunday, February 2, 2014

Where Does Your Strength Lie?

     I am sitting in my kitchen, near my window of course, able to blog. The truth is that I have had time to blog but with so many things happening around me there were times when I could not write. A glimpse of what has happened is...
-All three of my graduate applications are submitted. Now I play the waiting game for a couple of months. Talk about nerve racking! 
-Christmas break has come and gone. The break was full of unexpected surprises and blessings.
-I have officially started my last track season. Talk about crazy...
-I am only taking 13 credits for classes! I can honestly say it feels close to Heaven to be able to not have a heavy class load. I do not have classes on Mondays or Fridays, but I do have eight track practices Monday-Friday, so I still have tasks that are exhausting that take up my days. Fridays are full of my internship work. I work under an equestrian assisted therapist and help individuals with mental, emotional, and physical disabilities. Together we work with horses to accomplish things such as boosting confidence, speech and body development, post traumatic stress disorder and so much more! I have never been a part of something so rewarding. Research equestrian assisted therapy and you will see what I want my future to be!

     Now I wait. I sit. I wonder. I get excited. I fear. I second guess. I am proud. I re-think. I move forward. I step back. I re-visit. I take chances. I take precautions. I smile. I frown. I sleep. I become tired. I am aware. I am blind sited. I am behind. I am ahead. Where does my strength lie? We live in a generation that is constantly changing. I ask questions that can not be researched because there is not a "google go" button in my heart. Questions are answered immediately by asking Siri on our iPhones and health is being "upgraded" by the swallow of a pill. Gratification is found from how many pictures are liked on one of our pictures from Facebook and something can be bought with money that does not actually exist in our bank accounts from the swipe of a plastic card. Where does our mind go when we do not have an answer? Where is our nutrition when medication is not able to help our bodies? Where is our confidence when someone does not reassure us that they like what we do? How do we survive when we are not able to have what we want?            When questions such as these are answered, I think we see a glimpse of strength. I think we can see an amount of confidence that God provides us with. All of these "things" on Earth are just "things." I think strength is being able to sit in a quiet place and listen to yourself; listening to what your mind is saying, understanding where your heart is going, and being able to navigate between the two. I had a realization a couple of days ago that I listen and listen and listen to what my mind and heart are saying, but I don't do anything with what they tell me. I just listen. So what happens to everything I hear? Well, what happens when you don't answer a question when someone asks you? They ask again, waiting for an answer. Right now, I am trying to answer what my heart and mind are asking. I can not only listen to my heart and mind, but I need to navigate them to the best of my abilities to give them answers. They may not hear the answer they are looking for, and let me just say that "I don't know" is an answer that can fulfill their questions. 
     Where does your strength lie? My strength lies in the hands of God. But where is God showing me the strength he provides? There is a divine answer to this question that I think only one person can answer, and that is you. My strength is in the hands of God, but where does he place my strength in my every day life? Where does he place your strength in every day life? Even the simple response of "I don't know" is an answer. "I don't know" is a starting point, and without a starting point, there is no beginning :)

Every Sunday a group of girls and I go to a place called, Waffle Window. BEST WAFFLES EVER.
Thank goodness for Waffle Window Sunday :)

       

No comments:

Post a Comment