Saturday, October 26, 2013

That Lovely Time

It is that time of year again. Yes...that time of year when I get brownies and milk sent up to bed with me, a bubble bath, and relaxation. Aunt Sandi and Uncle Jim have spoiled me rotten once again.
This weekend was a perfect weekend to getaway. Many people were leaving campus and lately I have had enough of Portland. The city is always wonderful and my friends bless me everyday, but these last couple of weeks I have felt heavy. Many things cross my mind and there are a lot of "to dos" on my list. So, what is the perfect getaway? Aunt Sandi and Uncle Jim's. If  you can describe the most relaxing and comfortable place, picture it and multiply it by ten. This morning I slept in until about 9:30, had a Bible study of Acts 11-15, and walked downstairs to a warm cappuccino. Not long after my delicious cup of love, Uncle Jim started making orange Halloween pancakes.  We ate together as a family and embraced conversation. I was able to catch up on homework, family time, stories, and movies. I love this time of the year. I love my family. I love this feeling; warm, comfortable, relaxed, and free from worry.
On my phone I have an app called "Inspiration." Everyday I wake up to a new inspirational quote and I love it. 
Today was "Little minds have little worries, big minds have no time for worries.
That fits life right now to the T. Lately, I have realized that my mind moves a million miles per hour, and it seems that the faster my mind moves, the less I get done. This is because there are so many things that need attention to be completed and when I have little parts of my mind in so many different places, only a little of everything gets done, leaving nothing accomplished. My goal for not only this week, but honestly for the rest of my life, is to take a deep breath, be realistic with what is going on around me, and go with the flow. I don't want to worry about a million different small things or even one really big thing. I want to breath, pray, and let things be. This weekend that is exactly what I did. I watched movies with my Aunt and Uncle, ate my brownies and drank my milk, took a nice hot bath (with bath salts of course!), and let go of my worries. I enjoyed the moments with my family and did not let the worldly worries take away from the time I have right now, in this moment.

Philippians 4: 4 
Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done.

Thank you Jesus, for blessing me with such an amazing family.

Uncle Jim's famous pancakes. Today, they were orange for Halloween :)

Sometimes you just need to put on fuzzy socks (thanks to Aunt Sandi!), love life, and eat brownies before bed! I know that there are brownies waiting for me every visit. It has become a tradition, and it is one of my favorite traditions.
2013
2012

No comments:

Post a Comment