Monday, December 12, 2011

Finals week! But first...

Okay, so it is finals week. But first I want to share fun!

So it is near Christmas. It really doesn't feel like it...1: The city around this time last year was a mess with rain, rain, and more rain. 2: Everything just has been so busy and everywhere, that I just have not felt the spirit. Maybe it will feel more like Christmas when I go home? All I know is that time is going by so fast. I guess it is true that "the older you get the faster time goes by." Mom told me the other day to stop thinking so much about the future. I think I will listen to her and just enjoy life..It only happens once :) But anyways! So it is near Christmas, and I gave Alija his gift; a jersey from his favorite soccer team and a night out to Zoolights with dinner. It was great! Wednesday I gave him his wrapped jersey with an invite to Zoolights (on the card it said TONIGHT -as in Thursday night- so I crossed it out and put TOMORROW NIGHT because I just couldn't wait any longer). He LOVED his Arsenal soccer jersey. He put it on right then and there.


The next night we went to Zoolights. The entire Zoo is decorated with lights. We drove around for 20 minutes for parking and eventually was blessed with a close spot, bought hot chocolate and popcorn, rode the train around the zoo, ate dippin' dots ice cream, walked around hand in hand, and enjoyed our time together. We then left and ate at Olive Garden to top off  our wonderful evening. It was amazing :)



After all the times we have been through, and how many days that have gone by, he walks into the cafeteria today and still manages to stop by heart. It's unbelievable. 

Now it is finals week and I am actually feeling great! I had one final today, two finals papers to turn in tomorrow, a final to turn in Wednesday, and also an in class final Wednesday. Not bad! It feels so much easier than last year. Lets see if I can pull off my 4.0 again! 

Just some thoughts before I go...
  • Deb introduced me to Pinterest.com. It is amazing, but at the same time so evil because I CAN'T STOP LOOKING at my computer screen
  • I am learning that I love being spiritual, and the word "religion" is something I may never understand. 
  • I already have three New Years resolutions planned out (That's weird because I have NEVER had any New Years resolutions in my life)
  • AND I am leaving to home Thursday afternoon. Wow. I cannot believe it is already Christmas break. 


No comments:

Post a Comment