Thursday, December 29, 2011

For the Love of Little Things

One, my days home are still wonderful. I am learning that staying positive during your days help; even when everything goes wrong.
Some of you are thinking "Okay, yeah right. Life is not always so optimistic." And YES, I completely agree, trust me. But if someone can control their mood and help the situation, it is so surprising what change one person can do.
Here are a few methods to my "madness" :)
    1. Don't be the first to get mad.
        Now, I understand being upset. There are times when it is totally necessary to have your voice be heard and stand up for something. I believe in not letting someone walk all over you, BUT if being in a situation that someone has no control of, why not make the best of it? If someone makes you mad, evaluate the situation before you react. Don't be the first one to raise the problem, and don't be the first one to raise your voice. This sounds a little overboard, because there are times when your opinion needs to be revealed. I am totally for that. But if someone is having a bad day, or you're stuck in a situation, don't add to the fire. Be the water to cool it down and put it out.
    2. The time will pass...eventually.
        No matter what happens, the time will pass. Small, medium, or large; no matter how big something seems to be, it passes. Why waste time being bogged down? Don't let something effect your mood too long. Enjoy what is around you. Compliment your life, don't conflict it. Another thought...as harsh as it may sound, maybe if something is bringing a lot of unhappiness to someone's life, it might not be meant to be there. That seems obvious, but it is much easier said then done.
    3. OF COURSE, just pray about it :) 
         Knowing that your life is in God's hands and knowing that he will guide you through any situation that comes your way is an amazing feeling. He will NEVER put his children in a situation they can't handle, and when one door closes, another one will open. It just takes courage and trust.

So my last few days!
Tuesday=all morning with Kelsey (the best horse in the world. We sure do miss Sunny). Then it was a great movie day with a great friend Tarana! She is more like a sister to me. Watching How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days while drinking hot coco totally hit the spot. Later that night, I went to a Bible study at a House Church with Mariah. We then continued to karaoke night with a bunch of friends, including Tarana. It was a BLAST! When midnight hit, of course the seven of us didn't have ENOUGH fun, so we then went to Ihop. On top of the chicken caesar salad, a mini-hamburger, sliced potato appetizer, 1 fish taco, and a Shirley temple, I then needed a short stack of pancakes at 1:00 in the morning. Who doesn't need that..right?
 YES, I can eat..a lot.
Tarana (left) & I

Steph (left), Mariah (middle), & I ***..and it all started in elementary school!***

Wednesday morning came fast. A lovely day with my twin cousins was on my agenda. Nail party and movie day anyone? That's exactly what we did. Later that night I spent the night at my mom's and had a wonderful dinner with my sister, Vanessa (We also sat with Stephanie and Mariah! They were also at Applebee's for the second night in a row!). 

Again, morning came fast. That seems to be happening a lot! I can't believe there is only about a week left of Christmas break. It's nuts. Today I had a great start to my morning with Susanna (best morning!) Blue Sky Bagels for breakfast and her house for some relaxing time. Picked up Mom that afternoon and met Dad at her second job (Mom has two jobs. She is very hard worker and has done everything in her life for my sisters and I. She is amazing. AND Dad is here from Cascade for a few days!) Dad and I went to the track to do my track workouts. It was so much more fun with Dad running with me. Mom used to be able to, but ever since her motorcycle accident my senior year of 2009/2010 she can no longer run (That of course does not stop her. She goes to the gym with a personal trainer and does her own personal workouts. Nothing stops my mom). The workout today? 4x400 and 4x200 (My workout defiantly helped me run off Applebees and Ihop..just saying). More workouts this week to come. Of course Dad and I were hungry so we went to our traditional dinner spot, Sizzler. We always have great talks and catch up on just plain life. 

So what now? Now it is time for one of my favorite things at home; hanging out with my grandparents and dad in the bar (the mini bar in our house) blasting Poker Face by Lady Gaga. Granny Debbie made me a virgin margarita and I get to catch up with my readers! It is what I love to do. 

A few things before I publish: 
This is my Christmas present from Sus!

1. When you dream, pay attention..I believe they mean something :) 
2. Some prayer requests:
    My mom: Her stress level is way too high.
    Alija's Grandma: She is feeling sick today.
    Mariah: She got a call for a new opportunity in her life.
    My sisters: Let life start falling positively in their direction. 
3. I see in my stats and followers that I have readers from not only the United States, but also Russia,   Germany, Brazil, and Thailand! Thank you for reading :) I hope you enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment