Monday, October 1, 2012

Acceptance & Realization

Hello Everyone!
I am back :)
     School is going wonderful and I found a new church group to go to! It is awesome and I will fill you in more, but I want to blog about my experiences so far during the first five weeks of school (this is already week six...isn't that crazy?!).
     The year has been going great. It has been busier than ever but tests are going well and so are studies. Track is going great and so have workouts. By the end of the day I am very tired and I want more social time, but the balance of life is on a nice setting. What I have been challenged with is something that is a constant challenge, and that is the fact that I can't change and make things fit my mold. Being home for four months and then coming back to college honestly opens someone's eyes to what they truly like about where they are and what they are not comfortable with. Over time (a couple of weeks) things become normal again and routines are back into play, leading to comfort in being back in school. But what troubled me were the things that weren't comfortable after time. The things that still bothered me. Those were the things I couldn't change. I learned that acceptance of those "things" is the only way to find peace. Now, I just realized the acceptance that I must have to move forward to my next few weeks, so other than peace I am not sure what to expect, but I am patiently waiting and praying for what is to come.
     Now, where realization comes into play, is realizing that there is way more time in a day than I plan for, but there is also the exact opposite of that; there is not enough time in the day. I am a person who plans and plans and plans. There are some days that I don't have enough time to do everything I planned, but then there are days (like today) when I didn't plan on having the time to blog, but I DID :) Short point that didn't make much sense, but I hope someone understands what is trying to be said!

My new church, what is at the moment called a "life group," is amazing. Remember the woman I told you about meeting in the park when I was a nanny? Well here is a debrief. I was babysitting when I took who I was watching to a park. At the park I met a woman who worked at my college for five years. Her and her husband are planting a church in SE Portland. After trying to find her and her church on facebook, I gave up and prayed for a new church near me because I have not been connecting well with ones near where I am. About a week later I talked to a woman at my school who actually worked with the woman I met at the park and gave me her contact information. Long story short, that lead me to the life group last night and I am now a part of building a foundation for a future church. FREEDOMPDX. I don't believe meeting the woman in the park was a coincidence. That I believe was God.

     Today is October 1, 2012 and it is still so nice outside. Talk about an Indian Summer! I can totally do this weather all year, and I pray that the rain does not come anytime soon :)

     I do not have the Devotion book near me (I'm sitting in the cafeteria listening to students watching a very obnoxiousness cat video on youtube), or else I would post today's devotion.

What do you need to accept to create peace in your life? :) 

Week 1: It's rare when we can wear dresses, so we took advantage of the nice weather!

Week 1: Ran into the screen door of our new apartment when I was doing laundry :) 

Week 2: Staying strong
Week 2: I took a fast visit over the weekend to see family. This is my Uncle! 

Week 4: Went to a Powwow for a religion/culture class and learned a little bit about my Choctaw heritage :) 


Week 5: Alija surprised me with a picnic on the beach :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment