Sunday, October 7, 2012

Tonight

As of right now, I am sitting in my apartment with sleepy time mint tea settling down before bed. A night like tonight is what I have been waiting for. Have you ever just had one moment in mind to do one thing, but it always gets put off? Well this is mine; sit with tea and relax. 
     Today I woke up at 4 AM to help work the Portland Marathon. Talk about inspiration! I saw so many people pushing their bodies to the limit, getting out of the house to try something new, getting into shape, and even people with disabilities were involved. The most inspiring thing that I saw today was a blind man racing. Yes, he was racing. He had a guide in front of him holding two long sticks. The blind man followed behind him holding the sticks, and they moved the two sticks together almost like a train would when it would move its wheels. I got the chills! The funniest thing I saw today were two women who were heavier set with neon shirts that said "marathon virgins!" I think that is awesome. They were out letting people know that they were changing their health life and it was so awesome to see.
     After seeing today, I told myself what I told myself when I was young; be all you can be and don't let anything stop you from doing that. If you are not sure about a decision just wait and see what life has in store for you. Don't judge quickly. Smile. Remember that your life is lived by you, so do the things you want to do! In the midst of everything, don't have regrets. If you are ready for something then grasp onto that something and live with it, and if you aren't just be patient and know your time for growth, in whatever aspect of life it is, will come!
     One thing that I did think about after seeing all of the runners (there were over 13,000 of them from all over the country and some other parts of the world) was that I would love to travel to different marathons when I am older just to participate. Maybe not in a 26 mile marathon, but a 5k run or something small. I would see so many new places and experience so many different things while staying fit just for fun!
     Tomorrow is week 7 of school and it is also midterm week. Here is the funny thing about midterms...I have school Monday-Wednesday and not on Thursday or Friday. I don't have ANY tests this week, but 3 the following week. Therefore, lots of studying will be happening over midterm "break."
   
Now that it is getting closer and closer to my bed time, I will hop on Pinterest to look up Bible readings to study :)

As always, I truly miss my horse, Kelsey. Keep her in your prayers. She is having a little bit of a hard time with her health. She is so much better than a few weeks ago, but she still needs prayers to be the fit "young" horse she used to be! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment