Sunday, October 13, 2013

FearLESS

Let me just describe the setting of my Sunday morning. Pink blanket, couch, Bible, notebook, hot tea, and silence. Yup, this is what I love about Sundays. When homework is not over bearing and Sunday mornings are able to be enjoyed, I take advantage of every second. I'm in my pajamas, I have a messy bun on the top of my head and it's almost noon. That's what weekends are for!
Tonight will be the second night that Freedom Church is open to the public. I am so excited. Eight people from my school are coming and I can't wait to share Freedom with them. Lets see if we can beat our attendance of 72! God is just moving through lives and I am so happy to be apart of his plan. 

     What has been on my heart lately has been the topic of fear. Humans have a tendency to worry and fear, and I am completely guilty of both of those things. Let me just say, that I don't believe worry, fear, or guilt are from God. I don't think that our spirit is meant to hold on to feelings that bring us down. Think, when you feel upset about something that is happening in your life, when do you ever want to talk to someone about how amazing God is. I know for me, when I am distracted by my own thoughts, I can't seem to escape them. Usually, a drive or just alone time for myself is needed to just get my thoughts under control. This world has a tendency to overcrowd, control, and produce situations in our lives that are not necessary. Control is something that humans tend to thrive for and when we feel that everything is out of line, then it seems that everything around us falls apart.
     But here is the amazing thing about God. When everything seems to be falling apart, he has the power to put things back together. When everything seems to feel out of control, God is in control. Have you ever heard the saying, "what's done is done?" Well, no matter what is "done," God has forgiveness and the power to "re-do." I think that we have the tendency to hold on to what is out of control, and we tend to forget that God is the God of all knowing. He knows what we fear and he knows the mistakes we have made. A lot of the times we forget that he's already forgiven us for things that we have done, but it's a matter of the forgiveness from ourselves that we seem to not let go of. 
     This last Friday, two friends and I had a Bible study. It was pretty darn awesome! We went through 1 Peter and spoke about how in the midst of Christians being killed for following Jesus Christ, Peter wrote a letter telling others to be strong in there faith. He wrote about how there is a place, Heaven, that is waiting for those who keep their faith in Jesus. He inspired them to stay strong and that their hard times of trials are only tests from this world. His life was out of control, but Peter never lost site of the presence of the Holy Spirit. Maybe Peter wasn't fearless, but he feared less than others. I think if he can can stay strong in the midst of the battles around him, we can stay strong with whatever battle is happening inside (and outside) of us. 


1 Peter 1:6-7
So be truly glad. there is wonderful joy ahead, even though you have to endure many trials for a little while. These trials will show that your faith is genuine. It is being tested as fire tests and purifies gold - though your faith is far more precious than mere gold. So when your faith remains strong through many trials, it will bring you much praise and glory and honor on the day when Jesus Christ is revealed to the whole world. 


The Lessons of Life:
-chicken noodle soup needs more flavor than chicken broth, noodles, and chicken...something that was once a healthy idea has turned into a very salty, unhealthy idea. BUT still better than some other choices!
-a couple of chocolate kisses in the morning after breakfast isn't always bad :)
-dating Jesus is amazing. He is definitely challenging me and showing me areas of my life that is needing strength; trust in him and living out my faith. He is growing my faith and providing me with so much support. 
-Cooking chicken in water instead of olive oil prevents grease stains on my clothes (Thanks Jess!)...and wearing an apron prevents grease stains too :)
-learn from mistakes, don't hold onto them.
-the feeling of getting clothes laundry done AND bed sheets/blankets done in one day is the true feeling of accomplishment!
 
Cheers to the beginning of another week!

No comments:

Post a Comment