Thursday, April 26, 2012

Hello Jr. Year, I didn't think I would see you so soon

Time is flying by so quickly. I am currently sitting in my dorm room waiting for my 11:35 class. I turned in my final for one class this morning, started laundry, and I have been doing random tasks all morning. The last couples weeks of living in the dorms are approaching. I remember the first day moving in. Mom helped carry my clothes up the stairs while Dad brought my TV through the side door of the building. Dad started to cry, and Mom cried before she got into the car and left to go home while her little girl stayed on the college campus. Now, two years later, I am waiting to move into an apartment, and run out of the dorms. Everything is moving by so quickly. 
Now I finish what is not complete and wait. I have two more classes today for the last time, a presentation and  paper due tomorrow, and a final due on Wednesday. Then I am completely finished with my sophomore year of college. I still need to finish one more scholarship with the deadline being May 1st, so that is still another bullet point on my to do list. 
Track is getting more intense. The 4x1 relay...the four of us girls are working our tails off with our hand offs to make it to nationals. This is exactly what happened at relay practice on Tuesday: 
      Tiffany, Daragh, and I were sitting on the railing and Coach Lee stood next to us. 
      Tiffany: Coach, do you think we can make it to nationals in the 4x100 relay? 
      Me: Be honest Coach.
      Coach: Well, lets just say that I need to reserve hotel rooms in advance in Indiana and I have already    reserved your rooms.
And that was that :) We are so pumped and we want to accomplish this goal. It would be amazing. Right now we are seeded second in the conference. We have three more attempts to run a national qualifier. Pray for the speed, power, and hand offs!

These are pictures from last weekend. I wrote Friday night about enjoying life and relaxing with track. That day I told myself that no matter what time I run and no matter what place I come in at, I will be happy because it is not worth losing happiness over. Well, it worked. We took first in the 4x100 and 4x400 relay and I won the 100 meter. It was a GREAT race. You can see how close the three of us were in the picture below. I did not run the 200 because of my hamstring, but I will be running that this Saturday.

I won the 100 meter with a time of 12.94 :)

4x400 relay. We won the meet with a time of 4:06. We beat our best time by 5 seconds! Coach Lee thinks we can break 4 minutes :) 

Now I am off to start my day. It's lunch time :)

No comments:

Post a Comment