Friday, April 13, 2012

Lovely Life

I love my life.
These are the small things in life that make me realize that I love where I am, what I am doing, and where (I am not sure where yet) I am going. 
This weekend I am at my aunt and uncle's home for the weekend. I have been looking forward to it all week. Tomorrow is my aunt's birthday so this weekend worked out perfectly. I came here last year one weekend, and now I am again here a year later. I cannot believe how fast a year has gone by. Right now I am sitting in the room I have at my aunt and uncle's lovely home. It is literally perfect. Welcoming. Loving. Inviting. Comforting. Family.
The first hour I am here we sit and catch up on EVERYTHING going on in life.
We eat dinner as a family.
and then even have DESSERT :)
We make popcorn, watch a movie, and then I am sent to bed with hugs, kisses, brownies, and milk.


I am overwhelmed with happiness from the love of family. 

My health is doing great. I feel healthy! I am up and working out, and I am at 125 pounds (I have gained back three pounds). I have five more to go (this is muscle mass pounds, not fat). But I don't think I will have a problem with gaining this weight back. Being at my aunt and uncle's home will get me ready to start rebuilding my muscle. Milk and brownies are being tackled right now, and in the morning (after I sleep in!) we will have pancakes and eggs. I literally am LOVING life. They are the kind of people who make everyone feel welcome and loved. They are amazing. I love coming here to visit, and I love being able to spend time with them as a family. 
This is the last weekend off of track. I have a track meet next weekend, and each week until conference. Lets pray for national qualification times for my 4x100 relay team! 

School is coming down to a close shortly, and that means dead week, which leads to finals week. I am about to start homework, but I needed to get blogging out of my system. It is the one thing that gets my brain to start working, but it also relaxes my mind. I have officially enrolled for next years classes and I have an idea for my life career. I am majoring in psychology and minoring in trauma intervention. I want to work towards a career in psychoanalyzing in crime. Lets see where this leads me :) I have always wanted to get into the criminal side of professions (my original plan was to be a lawyer), but my heart was pointed toward a different direction. In the fall I will be tackling 18 credits, and will be followed by 16 more in the spring. Lets just say I will be a regular in a coffee shop.

I will either be going back home May 13th or May 27th depending on qualifications in track. I will be starting a babysitting job right when I get back! I pray that goes according to plan, because I NEED a steady job. My goal is to have a car by the end of summer to bring back to college. 

I have been reading my Bible...I am still in Matthew, but I am still reading on! 
Here are prayer requests: 
-Candace's family (her grandpa just passed away)
-Alija's body (healing)
-Mike (athletic Chaplin for Warner; his wife found out she has a rare health issue and she is pregnant with their second child)

P.S. If there are a lot of editing mistakes in this blog, it is because I did not reread it/make corrections! Please forgive me :)

For Rachel's birthday a group of us went out for dinner at an amazing dessert place in downtown!

I was a bridesmaid at Fata's wedding :) 



For Easter I made chick deviled eggs (Thank you Grama Sharon for all of your recipes!)                                                          


These are my teammates :) 




No comments:

Post a Comment