Monday, April 16, 2012

Y.O.L.O.

My weekend was great! It was just what I needed. Family, love, bonding time, conversation, movies, great food, waking up without an alarm clock, not feeling pressure...is there anything more to say? Aunt Sandi's birthday on Saturday was so much fun! We barbecued, opened gifts, ate cake and ice cream, saw a funny garage sale down the street, took a walk...it was just a great day :) Sunday came fast and I headed back to school. Before I left Aunt Sandi and Uncle Jim packed me up some goodies, and I hit the road after breakfast. I already miss Aunt Sandi's morning lattes. 
Rob, Rowen, Kim, Sandi, Sadey (puppy), Jim, Shane, Me :)
  Now back to reality. Two more weeks of regular school classes, and one week of finals. May third is my last day of my sophomore year. It's not time for the stressful assignments, the crowded library, and a little bit of anxiety. It wouldn't be college if these things didn't occur, so its time to embrace the beauty of being a student. 

Track is a little frustrating. I am feeling better, but getting into shape and still "babying" my body is so tough. My ST joint is starting to hurt again (the strained muscle in my hip), and now my hamstring is acting up (I tore my hamstring my junior year in high school). These next 4-5 weeks of track will be a time of prayer. I pray that God to give me strength, and that he gives me the ability to show other people what he gifted me with. He gifted me with speed for a reason, and sometimes I want to know why. I want to shine, and reach the goals that I see in my mind and feel in my heart. I'm ready to be strong physically and mentally again. 

It is now time for bed. I have my list of "to dooos" for tomorrow, and sleep is calling my name. I have so many ideas to write about during the day, and then over the course of the day I forget what my ideas are. The biggest lie I tell myself is "I don't need to write it down. I will remember." :) I will start writing them down. 

Today was Deb's birthday! We went out to eat with a group of friends, and ate a bunch of unhealthy things :) Whenever I feel guilty about eating junky food I should not eat I think of this: 
YOLO: You Only Live Once :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment