Wednesday, June 20, 2012

5,400 seconds of rest

As I said last night, here is a longer blog about what is going on! :)
My computer was in the shop because it needed some repairs. It just needed a little tune up, but it is back now so I can blog.
This is how the computer tune up started. I figured I can get my computer tuned up because I had the money to. I had my car, I was saving gas from driving my car and not my truck, and I still had money to spare. Now, two weeks later I am back to square one. Not even square one...negative squares. My car situation is terrible. First it over heated so I had to replace the radiator. It was running great! Then on the way to work on Friday it threw a rod in my engine. In other words, my motor is done for. I need a new motor...I am now thousands of dollars less than what I started with, and I will most likely need to start from scratch. There are no motors for my model of car available here, or in any other surrounding state. What luck huh? Depending on how things go I am going to sell it for a parts car and start over again. 
So where does this land in how I think it is a blessing from God? 
Here is what I honestly believe. I have been blessed my entire life when it comes to budgeting and working. I hope this does not come off wrong, but I have always been a smart spender. I see this situation as 
1. A lesson learned on being patient
and
2. Really do the research myself on a car before I buy one. I honestly do think that God blessed me with something great and that the enemy took it away. I trust that God knows what he is doing and that this is all going to work out. It isn't that I am worried, more disappointed. But regardless, I do believe that God works in mysterious ways, and this is a part of life. 

Since this summer so far has been a summer of learning and lessons, I have also been learning other things but in a more positive way. 
1. Do things because you want to do them; not for other people. I can relate to this personally when I workout. I noticed that I have been working out not for myself, but to impress others. Impress them with track, or impress them with how strong I am. I am learning that doing it for others has been holding me back. I need to do it for myself. 
2. Control your emotions, don't let your emotions control you. Don't act out of sadness and don't act out of anger. Control your emotions, your fears, your heart. Sometimes you need to think with your mind and act with your heart. Everyone always says "follow your heart," but sometimes your heart doesn't always think things through. Follow your heart, but let your mind guide you. Your mind has better instincts than you think.

I have Bible readings that I would love to put on but I don't have my Bible with me! A great place to read for a quick bible post is my friend Susanna's blog. She always has great posts about what she has read that day. Here is her link:

Have an amazing day! 
Have an amazing week! 
...no matter what happens. 
   

No comments:

Post a Comment