Monday, July 23, 2012

For the Love of LIfe

Daily Devotion:
     I am the light of the world. Men crawl through their lives cursing the darkness, but all the while I am shining brightly. I desire each of my followers to be a light-bearer. The holy spirit who lives in you can shine from your face, making me visible to people around you. Ask my spirit to live through you, as you wend your way through this day. Hold my hand in joyful trust, for I never leave your side. The light of my presence is shining upon you. Brighten up the world by reflecting who I am.
John 8:12; Matthew 5:14-16; 2 Corinthians 3:18; Exodus 3:14

Catch up news about my life!
     College: I have 3 and a half weeks before I go back to school! The time has gone by so fast. I think about it and feel like I just got here, but so much has actually happened. My dad moved down to where I am, I traveled to California with my mom, bought a car (then sold the car), had a visit from Alija, bought a new goat (yes! I bought a goat), and so much more! Speaking of school, I have changed my goal for my masters degree. Instead of forensic psychology, I have decided to go into industrial/organizational psychology. I made this decision because I realized that I don't think my heart can handle the trauma of forensics. It took time to decide on my decision for my future but I have decided! I can completely see myself living this kind of future. I have made emails to see which minor I should choose to accompany my psychology major, so I will also keep updates on that. It will either be business administration or urban studies. I am leaning more towards business administration.
     Scholarship: I received a $3,000 scholarship for the upcoming school year! I was one of the top candidates in the nation chosen by DIRECTV to receive the award. I am so blessed.
     Chiropractor: All of my injuries in the year make complete sense now. I finally saw a chiropractor and am being worked on. Last week was my first week. I went three times, and from now on will go twice a week until I leave back to school. Long story short, my entire right side is out of line. Everything on my right side is higher than my left (this includes my collar bone and hip). Today is the first day I will be able to get back to my workouts. The week long break was bitter sweet. Bitter because I feel like I lost my muscle tone but sweet because I was able to catch up on things I needed to do and rest a little bit!
     Goat: YES! I bought a new goat. She is so fun. I bought her at an auction and she was the perfect bid. She is maybe five months old and she is miss curious; so playful, so fun, and at times full of naughtiness. Along with her, Ethal is still living and healthy! She snapped out of being sick and is living life lively again.  


Bonnie and I :)

Tips to be a smart shopper: 
     1. Coupons: As a lot of people hear about all the time, couponing! This is something that I am trying to start being more consistent about. I want to make a binder full of them. I will see how to organize it when I am making a coupon book, but I can picture it being separated by expiration dates, store, products, things like that.
     2. Choice of Stores: Okay, so over the weekend I had new tires put on my truck. While Dad and I were waiting for my truck to be finished we walked around the stores in the parking lot. I needed a book bag for school, socks, agenda, and carpet freshener. Without using any coupons I bought these things. I went to Ross for my school bag ($15 instead of $32) and the rest from the dollar store (I spent about $4 instead of $14). I understand spending all of your money in one store because driving around from store to store makes things difficult and the cost of gas equals the amount that was saved from shopping at different stores, but if all of the stores are in the same parking lot money can be saved! Stores that I shop at before I go to brand stores are:
-Second hand stores
-Ross, TJ Max, Marshal's
-Dollar Store


Now it is time for me to take advantage of each moment left of summer. Soon I will be drowning in papers and tests so I need to enjoy what is in front of me now. Once I am back at school my lifestyle is completely different. No more working out in the yard, picking up Kelsey's pin, riding and taking care of Kelsey, relaxing with Kelsey when I have a long or rough day, working out with Dad, visiting Mom, just being the country girl I truly am. Everything changes. I have two different lives, and both are amazing. The adjustment of each one is just a little difficult. So for now, I will take advantage of the time I have, and live my life day by day working toward my future.

Kelsey Girl



No comments:

Post a Comment