Monday, July 9, 2012

Sold

     Stop worrying long enough to hear my voice. I speak softly to you, in the depths of your being. Your mind shuttles back and forth, hither and yon, weaving webs of anxious confusion. As my thoughts rise up within you, they become entangled in those sticky webs of worry. Thus, my voice is muffled, and you hear only "white noise."
     Ask my spirit to quiet you mind so that you can think my thoughts. This ability is an awesome benefit of being my child, patterned after my own image. Do not be deafened by the noise of the world or that of you own thinking. Instead, be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Sit quietly in my presence, letting my thoughts reprogram your thinking.
Deuteronomy 30:20; Genesis 1:27; Romans 12:2

It was a great weekend! :) Alija came into town for a soccer tournament. It was a fast visit, but so wonderful. Friday night he arrived, Saturday he played his soccer games (he was most valuable striker of the entire tournament meaning he scored the most goals out of everyone there! and his team took second). Then, our evening consisted of a great dinner, ice cream in lovely downtown, and a movie. It was pretty perfect. 

Then on Sunday, to lift my spirits of him leaving in the morning I SOLD MY CAR! That is such a relief of stress. Funny thing is a Bosnian man (Alija is also Bosnian) bought it. How ironic right? What is amazing is that Thursday night at Generation Church Downtown I tithed for the first time in months. I tithed Thursday and was blessed Sunday. God is so good. 

Something that I am really struggling with right now in life is a fork in the road. Decisions are hard. When someone is attached to something so strongly, it is hard to give it up. What if it is given up but the only reason someone makes that decision is because of the "what if" thoughts are flooding their mind? Or what if that person only makes the decision because they only "think" they know the right to do. But in reality, no one really knows anything. That might not make any sense at all, but if you think back to my 'Apples and Oranges' blog, it might make a connection about a relationship. I can only take one day at a time and pray. Today, the devotional really spoke to me. It related to what is happening in my life right this second. 

Something I have noticed is that being a nanny has made me a better person. That might sound kind of corny, but it is very true. I realized this over the weekend when I was around others. I am more patient, understanding, and I don't get frustrated as easy. Kind of silly, but very true. I am so grateful. 

Now it is time to start budgeting for school! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment