Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Relax in my peaceful presence. Do not bring performance pressures into our sacred space of communion. When you are with someone you trust completely, you feel free to be yourself. This is one of the joys of true friendship. Though I am Lord of lords and King of kings, I also desire to be your intimate friend. When you are tense or pretentious in our relationship, I feel hurt. I know the worst about you, but I also see the best in you. I long for you to trust me enough to be fully yourself with me. When you are real with me, I am able to bring out the best in you: the very gifts I have planted in your soul. Relax, and enjoy our friendship.
Revelation 17:14; John 15:13-15

It is only Tuesday but it feels like it should be a later day in the week than that! I am not complaining, but I just don't have enough time in the day. Up by 6:30, off work by 4, sometimes go do housework as a second job, workout, take care of Kelsey, eat, shower, and bed. I know I have it easier than a lot of people, but I am very tired. It is making summer go by so fast. Busy schedules tend to do that. Each day goes by so fast, and as soon as you know it, a month has gone by. I have 5 more weeks until I go back to school, and I feel like I just got home. I think back to when summer first started and honestly, a lot has happened, but it doesn't feel like that much time has gone by. 

Here is something that is a bit of a downer on my week. Kelsey's little friend, Ethal, is a goat. She is getting very old and needs to be put down Sunday. I am on the search for a new goat which will be fun to have a new animal around the house, but I am hoping she will become as close with the new goat as she is with Ethal. Pray I find a goat! I am looking, but have had no luck so far. 

In Idaho there are 11 fires right now. It is crazy. Twin falls has the largest fire in the nation as of now with 190,000 acres burned and it is only 40% contained. It started yesterday. But with this terrible fire, it is projecting such a beautiful sunset. Here is a picture from the back of my home. It is amazing.





No comments:

Post a Comment