Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Makeover!

Hopefully soon I will be able to redesign my blog :)
I would love to give it a makeover! 

1. O gosh...I hope I haven't turned into one of those American's who give up on their New Year's Resolutions. I don't think I am...I have a post it note on my laptop with the three of them! 
-I can do better with reading my Bible (I just need to be better with reading in general)
-I actually have been doing a good job at being the light (people say I am positive so that is a good sign!)
-I still use my go green razors :) I am still working on taking a faster shower though...I think that will be a lifetime challenge

2. I tried a fat burning/recovery workout shake yesterday before training with a track coach. I won't do that again. It made me super sick! I am going to do the all natural way and just let my body be my body.

3. I have 18 days left of freedom. Then it is time to work towards my future again! :) I mean, I totally am now, but I will be working towards my future career. 

Here are some lovely pictures to embrace you with my life: 
Mom and I on our getaway weekend

Dad and I at our traditional baseball game

My amazing friends and I at the car races


Now for the daily devotional: 
Trust me in the depths of your being. It is there that I live in constant communion with you. When you feel flustered and frazzled on the outside, do not get upset with yourself. You are only human, and the swirl of events going on all around you will someitmes feel overwhelming. Rather than scolding yourself for your humanness, remind yourself that I am both with you and within you. 
I am with you at all times, encouraging and supportive rather than condemning. I know that deep within you, where I live. My peace is your continual experience. Slow down your pace of living for a time. Quiet your mind in my presence. Then you will be able to hear me bestowing the resurrection blessing: peace be with you. 

2 comments:

  1. Wouldn't a recovery/fat burning shake be after the workout?? :)... recovery??? That sucks though. What coach did you workout with?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bryan's wife gave it to me! She does body toning shows and said to take it 20 minutes before the workout. It burns fat, gives energy, and helps the muscles recover after. It is supposed to a three in one deal, but didn't exactly do that for me... :) I'm sticking to the natural body! The coach and I did a lot of technique stuff! I saw your blog on the wedding. I am so sad I couldn't go...

      Delete