Friday, July 6, 2012

Titleless

I am your Father-God. Listen to me. Learn what it means to be a child of the everlasting King. Your richest duty is devotion to Me. This duty is such a joyous privilege that it feels like a luxury. You tend to feel guilty about pushing back the boundaries of your life to make space for time alone with Me. The world is waiting to squeeze you into its mold and to crowd out time devoted to Me. The ways of the world have also warped your conscience, which punishes you for doing the very thing that pleases Me most: seeking My Face. Listen to Me above the clamor of voices trying to distract you. Ask My Spirit to control your mind, for He and I work in perfect harmony. Be still and attentive in My Presence. You are on holy ground. 
Isaiah 9:6; Zechariah 9:9 (NKJV); Romans 8:15; Exodus 3:5

This is the devotion for the day. I know I have been slacking (again) on blogs, but I promise I am trying to be better! Here is the name to the book: Devotion for Every Day of the Year by Sarah Young "Jesus Calling" Enjoying Peace in His Presence. 

My summer is going by so quickly. There is just so much going on, but at the same time it is the same things going on every day.
Work, workout, work with Kelsey, shower, sleep :)

I am trying to sell my car. It is the only option I have. Someone almost bought it the other day, but didn't, and I have emails coming in. Now it just needs to get sold by the beginning of August! 

I hope you had a great Fourth of July!! My day consisted of working, stopping by the store for hamburgers, and a couple of friends over. Dad cooked Susanna, Mariah, and I hamburgers (I love that my dad is a great cook!) and we spent the evening and night just talking about life. Now those are the evenings that have celebration. People don't need to go out, party, and have large plans to have fun. Surround yourself with the ones you care about and the ones who care about you and the celebration is the most memorable. 

I have about six weeks until I go back to school! Summer is just flying by. Alija is coming to visit today, so it  will be a nice weekend. 

Have a wonderful day! 
And I will get back to blogging routine soon! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment